Moscow’s official passenger app and one of the most advanced MaaS solutions in the world.
What is MaaS?
MaaS – ‘mobility as a service’ is a global trend in transport development. It involves combining all a city’s transport services, both public and commercial, into a single ecosystem that can be used in a single mobile application. This means routes can be built taking into account people’s personal preferences utilizing all types of transport (metro, buses, trams, railway transport, carsharing, bicycles, electric scooters, etc.). Passengers can also book and pay for trips from their user account. This makes the experience of moving around cities much more comfortable and convenient.
Create and implement a MaaS application for Moscow, from the original concept to supporting and developing the finished product.
The overall goal of the project was to make it possible for every user – motorists, public transport passengers, people with disabilities and those who prefer new types of mobility.
Builds multimodal transport routes
Personal user accounts for passengers
Results: What does the MaaS app give the city and its passengers?
- The ability to influence people’s transport behavior and optimize the route network based on Big Data
- Improved passenger experience
- Less vehicle traffic and air pollution due to more frequent use of public transport
- Promotion of new modes of transportation – carsharing, bicycle and electric scooter rentals
- The city has become more attractive to tourists, as convenient public transport is very important for travelers